|F A S H I O N N I G H T O U T|
|Second Annual Downtown Bar Harbor
Merchant Events - September 6, 2012 6p.m. - 10p.m.
Listed in the Bangor Daily News as "Top 50 things to do in Maine this Summer"
home photo album 2011 photo album 2012
Get dressed for a night on the town, bring along friends and look for the Bow Tie Icons
in participating merchants and restaurants windows. Pick - up a walking map and join in the FUN!
In-store and restaurant and merchant specials include drawings, fashion shows, food and wine tastings, trunk shows, dancing, meet the artist, art, music, jewelry and craft workshops, giveaways, and much more!
Christmas Spirit® Shop Bow Tie Icon!
Artist Russell D'Alessio and Gang
Models Simply Natural
|This is where all the fun begins! Pick up you walking map at the Chamber of Commerce, corner of Main & Cottage, and head of the Island or any of the participating merchants or restaurants, B&B's, Hotels, or Motels. Come out and join the festivities!!|
1. A Little Mad; Island Shop and Gallery – 15 Cottage St., or 53 Main St., Bayside Landing Courtyard – Edgy Indulgence. Exclusively presenting the gorgeous and captivating jewelry collection of Emily Delfin and debuting our fall assortment of Harvey's handbags; edgy, bold and with sophisticated styling. Surprises in store…!
2. Argosy Gallery and Argosy Dance – 6 Mt. Desert St. – Arts Alive. Enjoy paintings to a background of recorded music all evening. Starting at 8 pm partner dancing interspersed with dance demonstrations (volunteers welcome) and 10-minute lessons drawing from different eras and styles. Costumes welcome, from black-tie to latin to 50’s greaser.
3. Artemis Gallery – 10 Albert Meadow – Stella & Dot Jewelry Trunk Show. Accessorize your wardrobe, accessorize your house, while we accessorize your palate.
4. Art on West – 78 West St., - Therapeutic Jewels. Guest artist Claudia Koppelman will show her unique jewelry created from Japanese glass seed beads woven together one bead at a time, Maine beach stones and PMC fine silver.
5. ArtWaves – 93 Cottage St., - 5 – 9 p.m. Appetizer! Try drawing our live fashion models-materials provided. Also, experience a real working artist studio; see the development process of our paintings and one-night gallery show by Liz Cutler and KN Churchill.
6. Bar Harbor Brewery – 8 Mt. Desert St., - Fashionable Beers and Wines! Bar Harbor Brewery offers samples of craft brewed beer and local wine across from the Village Green right in the center of downtown Bar Harbor.
7. Cherry Stones Restaurant – 185 Main St., - Tie One On. Come to Cherrystones and enjoy an extended Happy Hour for those dressed well enough to pass the scrutiny of our discerning bartenders. It’s HIGH FASHION NIGHT at Cherrystones!
8. Christmas Spirit® Shop – 80 Main St., next to the Bar Harbor Bank – Get into the Christmas spirit! – Get into the Christmas spirit with holiday handcrafts by local artists from Christmas Spirit®-an all-American, Made-in-Maine/USA Christmas Shop featuring personalized ornaments and hand-carved Santas.
9. D’Alessio Gallery – 12 Mt. Desert St., - Circo d’Alessio! 8:30 performance by Maine’s own amazing contemporary belly dance troupe Haus of Paradigm made up & dressed to the nines. Also, Maine Artist Suzanne Anderson, showcasing her fantastic mixed media jewelry. Drawings for prizes! Free carriage rides offered.
10. Downtown Lobster Pound – 297 Main St. - Bugs are in the Pot – 25% off large lobsters and $3. glasses of wine or pints of beer for those dressed to impress. The Downtown Lobster Pound is a family friendly, casual restaurant featuring fresh steamed Maine lobster and all kinds of other great Gulf of Maine seafood.
11. Eclipse Gallery Fine American Hand-crafts 12 Mt. Desert St. - Lucky Draw on this special night. Those dressed for FNO they will have a chance to try their luck at prizes including discounts, free shipping, surprise gifts & more. Dress up for the event to hold the chance to win, let’s have fun together! Free wine, snacks and carriage rides!
12. Evergreen Pottery – 4 Mt. Desert St., Art in Action! Join Scott and Mo for a night of live demonstration. Scott will be throwing on the wheel and Mo will be creating jewelry. Check out our Functional Ware with Flair.
13. Eden Restaurant – 321 Main St., - Rock the Faux! Show your love of fashion and animals, wear a faux fur item and we will donate $5 to Peace Ridge Sanctuary on your behalf!
14. Guinness and Porcelli’s – 191 Main St., Raise Your Glasses. ½ price appetizers, $3. Glasses of wine, and $5. Cocktails at the bar for those in fashion! Guinness & Porcelli’s features the finest in Italian cuisine and an award winning all Italian wine list which includes over 200 wines from all over Italy.
15. Havana – 316 Main St., - Mojitos! ½ price appetizers and ½ price Mojitos at the bar for those in fashion. Havana offers American fine dining with a Latin flair in an elegant and relaxing atmosphere.
16. House Wine – 227a Main St., - It’s a Bow Tie Evening! We will be having a bow tie sale 10% - 20% off any bottle wearing a bowtie!
17. Katahdin Photo Gallery – 164 Main St., - Dress Your Walls! With a beautiful array of photographs of Acadia National Park, Mt. Desert Island & Downeast Maine by owner/ photographer Steve Bart. Let us print your favorite Fashion Night Out photos!
18. Maceys – 240 Main St., - It’s a Bubbly Evening! We will be featuring House Wine. Paired with a bubbly. 20% sale on all dresses and accessories. Stop by and find your Fashion Night Out style!
19. McKay’s Public House – 232 Main St., - Cat Walk Night! Take part in our Catwalk, 9:30 p.m. for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best dressed, best strut, most outrageous!
20. MaMa DiMatteos – 34 Kennebec Pl., - A Sparking Evening! Sample Sparkling wines paired with Small Tastes. The staff will be sporting festive wear of the season! Come show us your festive wear of the evening.
21. Poor Boys Restaurant – 300 Main St., - One Special Evening! Strut your best outfit, sip our Tuxedo Martini's and enjoy our specials of the evening!
22. Portside Grill – 38 Cottage St., - Wine Specials! $15. bottles of wine.
23. Rupununi – 119 Main St. – Drinks and Appetizers! Available at the Bar ½ price appetizers and $2. Pints of Allagash white, along with $3. Glasses of wine for those in fashion! Located in central Bar Harbor it’s a great place for food, drinks, and fun!
24. SALT: A Maine Boutique – 2 Derby Ln., - Nautical Fashion! Featuring rope bracelets, recycled sailcloth hand bags, nautical chart and sea glass jewelry by Maine artisans. Highlighting Bar Harbor Jewelry’s line of nautical chart and seaweed designs.
25. Sagegrass Gallery – 156 Main St., - Light My Fire! Storewide specials on all of our beautifully hand crafted lamps, lanterns, candles & night lights!
26. Sea of Cotton – 19 Cottage St., - Wine, Women and Song Join us for food, fashion, and a sing along with one of Bar Harbor’s favorite pianists – John Haskell on the ivories.
27. Serendipity (Bar Harbor Food Pantry) 1 Kennebec Pl., (next to the Fire Station) Your Best Friends Closet. We are a second hand clothing store owned and operated by the Bar Harbor Food Pantry. 100% of the profits benefit the work and mission of the food pantry. Come find your style!
28. Simply Natural – 44 Cottage St., - Grand Seasonal Event! Simply Natural is hosting its grand seasonal event highlighting alpaca capes, shawls, ruanas, sweaters, and coats – on the runway. Wine tasting. Experience the softest store in town. Fashion show 9 p.m.
29. Spruce and Gussy – 12 Mt. Desert St., - Gussy Up! Maine jeweler Jennifer Atkins Lisa of Quench Metalworks will be here with a large selection of her extraordinary work, including vintage buttons, handmade ceramic cabachons, tiny antique doll arms, and gemstones galore, all set in sterling silver, many with gold accents. Come get gussied up! Carriage Rides Offered.
30. The Gallery Next Door – 80 West St., - Experience the Zen of Indigo! Meet artist Deb DeForest, who uses ancient Japanese indigo dyeing techniques to create striking hues and patterns on clothing and accessories.
31. The Village Emporium – Nautical Ropes...Not just for Boats anymore... Maine Dock Designs owner/designer Deb Newman will be here showcasing her line of Maine Coast inspired Jewelry and Accessories…Join us for a Night of Fashion, Fun and Food.
32. Window Panes – 166 Main St., - Dress Your Table or someone else's with beautiful pottery by local artist Beth Herrick of Tremont, ME. Beth's images inspired by her natural surroundings on MDI are hand painted on porcelain, each piece is one-of-a-kind making them a stylish accent to any table! Stop by to meet Beth!
Downtown Bar Harbor
Photos Courtesy Susan Raab